[The updates for the previous hearings in the Federal Court can be found below:-
- 4.38p.m. – Lai Chee Hoe completed his reply submission. The Court thanked all parties for their respective submissions and informed parties that a decision will be given in due course. The Court concluded the Hearing for the day.
- 4.30p.m. – Solicitor for the Respondents (Appeals 72 & 74) Wong Kok Leong completed his submission on the limitation period and Lai Chee Hoe submitted briefly in reply.
- 3.48p.m. Solicitor for the Appellants (Appeals 70 & 71) completed his submissions in reply, and solicitor for the Respondents (Appeals 72 & 74) Wong Kok Leong began his submissions in reply on the limitation period.
- 3.00p.m. – Lai Chee Hoe completed submissions on limitation period and Solicitor for the Appellants (Appeals 70 & 71) began his submission in reply.
- 2.26p.m. – Lai Chee Hoe started oral submissions on the issue of the limitation period.
- 2.15p.m. – Senior Federal Counsel appearing as Amicus Curiae started his oral submissions to address the effect of Ang Ming Lee’s decision briefly.
- 2.07p.m. – The Continued Hearing resumed. Parties began submissions on the retrospective effect of Ang Ming Lee and limitation period.
- 12.42p.m. – The Court adjourned the Hearing for lunch, and directed parties to reconvene at 2.00p.m. to hear submissions on the issue of limitation period.
- 12.04p.m. – The Hearing is resumed and Lai Chee Hoe started his oral submissions in reply on the issues of prospective overruling.
- 11.48a.m. – Court takes a short break and the Hearing will resume shortly.
- 10.47a.m. – Solicitor for the Appellants (Appeals 70 & 71) completed his submissions, and solicitor for the Respondents (Appeals 72 & 74) Wong Kok Leong began his submissions on prospective overruling. He also clarified points on limitation issues raised by the Court.
- 9.45a.m. – Solicitor for the Appellants (Appeals 70 & 71) Low Joo Hean began his oral reply submissions.
- 9.40a.m. – The Senior Assistant Registrar announced the arrival of the presiding Federal Court judges, as follows: –
- Y.A.A. Tan Sri Datuk Amar Abang Iskandar Bin Abang Hashim, PMR,
- Y.A. Dato’ Zabariah Binti Mohd Yusof, HMP,
- Y.A. Dato’ Sri Hasnah Binti Dato’ Mohammed Hashim, HMP,
- Y.A. Datuk Harmindar Singh Dhaliwal. HMP, and
- Y.A. Datuk Abdul Karim Bin Abdul Jalil, HMP.
- 8.30a.m. – Watching brief solicitors have logged in.
- 8.00a.m. – Solicitors for the Appellants and Respondent have logged in.